BaddaBlog

Monday, April 20, 2009

Wrong Time for Radio

Maybe I don’t get it. The subject for discussion on Chris Baker’s radio show, at the time I tuned in, was video games. Violence in video games comes up now and again. Baker mentioned something about addictions and video games and I braced for the inevitable. He might have veered into first-person-shooters eventually, however this time he mentioned something called Second Life. I heard about it probably two years ago… and it was old then.

Second Life puts characters online to interact socially with other players. I guess it is like World of Warcraft without the warcraft. I suspect I might enjoy it, but it does sound a bit creepy. Regardless, this topic is a bit like going over the Olympics… very old news.

What’s on KSTP? Prebil and Murphy, replacements for Bod Davis, don’t offer much in the way of interesting discussion. Oh, they were talking about taxes, and but one of them (or both, I couldn’t tell) referenced an earlier caller. The caller claimed increased taxes pose a blow against freedom. Either Prebil or Murphy or both apparently asked the caller “How?” and the caller stumbled and said “Um, ah, ur”. Either Prebil or Murphy (if there is a difference) used that as evidence that the caller was wrong.

Of course, that would make most of what comes out of the mouths of Prebil and Murphy incorrect, since that’s the lion’s share of their broadcast commentary.

Either Prebil, or Murphy, then went on to say that if taxes are raised on a guy who makes $400K annually and he can’t make it, he doesn’t feel too bad for Mr. 400K.

Talk about trying to avoid the point.

It makes me long for the merely unlistenable Barbara Carlson. These guys make Jesse Ventura look insightful.

Labels: