BaddaBlog

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

To the Left: You Are Doing Ann's Work For Her

How I love Ann Coulter. Not only can she turn a good phrase but she can make with the sarcasm better than most. She's got a wicked sense of humor, and I love that in a woman.
First of all, I'm getting a little fed up with people trying to make money off my book. Worthless little cable TV shows with teeny-tiny audiences, ridiculous legislators and tabloid newspapers are all trying to make a name for themselves off the profundity of "Godless."

Stick it to them, sweetheart!

Hey Left-Leaners... want some more?
The establishment's current obsession with me is the MSM's last stand. They've deployed the whole lineup of yesterday's power brokers against me, and all they've accomplished is to make my book the No. 1 book in the country. In other words, their efforts to defeat me have just created more people like me. Now who's stuck in an unwinnable quagmire, losers?
I remarked on a letter to the Star-Tribune last week at Anti-Strib. I also include Mark Davis' piece on the recent rants against Ann. He makes good points... chief among them:
Ms. Coulter does in prose what editorial cartoonists do with pictures: artful exaggeration with the goal of crystallizing a political point.

If her word choice is not your cup of tea, that's fine. Don't buy the book. For me, the Michael Moore mantra that Mr. Bush is an evil idiot is a tad harsh. We all have our tastes.

So, here's the deal - let's all be big boys and girls and realize that anyone intentionally entering a vigorous arena of debate is fair game. And instead of wasting our time hand-wringing over whose style wounds our sensibilities, let's focus on who has a point and who does not.
...so does Tracy from Anti-Strib in the combox of my post.
I think the main differences are cultural, what's funny to the right isn't funny to the left and vica versa.
I've said it many times, Ann knows how to be sarcastic... and even aggressively sarcastic.

I'm still wondering where the jokes are in Michael Moore's comments. I'll grant him that this line is funny:
"He is probably choking on a pretzel or something. I hope nobody tells him that I have won this award while he is eating a pretzel. --Michael Moore on President Bush, after winning the top prize at the Cannes film festival for his documentary film "F*hr*nheit 9/11"
(I couldn't resist the *.)
But what else is there?

At least Ann's smart, funny, attractive, tenacious, and most of all... conservative.