BaddaBlog

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Cult of Che - Patron Saint of Murderers and Thugs

The fact that some kids (of all ages) like the Che image and his message should say a lot about ignorance.

Che's cool? How?!?!?! Please, someone come up with some book or documentary I can check out from a library (so I don't have to pay any money) so I can better learn how great this murdering thug was and how his message means anything.

As soon as I saw the shirt parodying the Che icon using the image of President Reagan and the words "Viva La Reagan Revolucion!" I gladly bought three... one for me, one for a friend, and one for my young, budding conservative cousin who lives out of state.

NRO editor Kathryn Jean Lopez writes about the continuing trend of Che (and a little bit about the counter-Che revolution). She includes several links to other pieces about Che such as one from writer Anthony Daniels (at The New Critereon). I rather enjoyed what he said regarding the response of students learning of Che's death... crying and taking the news very personal.

"Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe. No doubt the students would angrily have disavowed any lingering influence of Christianity upon their thought."

KJL also provides a link to where you can get your anti-Che shirts.