BaddaBlog

Monday, January 23, 2006

She's Not Serious... She's a Feminist

I've always enjoyed sarcasm. It got me in more trouble as a kid... and still does as a husband and uncle. (As a father, I'm sure I'll see more trouble down the road.) Maybe it comes from watching so many John Cleese or Rowan Atkinson sketches, listening to George Carlin, reading P.J. O'Rourke, and tuning into The Mischke Broadcast.

Perhaps that's why I also enjoy columns from Ann Coulter... and Mike S. Adams.

Don't get fooled by his head shot on his bio page... it makes him look positively boyish. He isn't. As evidenced in his recent column regarding modern feminism. It comes in the form of a response to a piece of hate-mail Adams received.
In your opening paragraph, you asked me, a) whether my wife hates me as much as every other woman in America hates me, b) whether I am against women voting, c) whether I am against women holding elective office, d) whether I think rape should be legalized, e) whether I think women should be banned from the workplace, f) whether I think all women should be barefoot and pregnant, and, finally, g) whether I support female genital mutilation.
Sounds similar to the pavement pundits from Acorn, Greenpeace, the DNC, and any other young (read foolish) true-believer. (Once summer lunchtime Mitchell from Hadleyblog and I were once approaced by a couple of youths asking, "Do you have a moment for the environment?"... Mitchell's response, "We're for it.")

After he dismisses the rediculous questions Adams continues... he details answers to the only sensible question in the woman's e-mail, "Why don't you take feminists seriously?" You should read the whole column, but I'll at least post his four main points.
1. I do not consider 21st century feminism to be a political ideology or philosophy.

2. Generally speaking, feminists get together with other feminists because it is less expensive than seeing a therapist.

3. Most feminists don’t really want equality.

4. The feminist love of postmodernism has resulted in widespread academic and personal dishonesty.
(If we're lucky, the writer will send Adams a reply.)

Now, when you read his column you'll find that while he sarcastically addresses the letter writer (Daisy, ain't that sweet), but details his reasons later on in the piece. I especially like his anecdotes.