BaddaBlog

Friday, December 23, 2005

Blogus Interputus: Back Soon

The rush of the week killed my blogging... and I developed a cold. I'm hardly laid up in bed, but as you know it's just a pain in the ass. The headaches, the mild fevers, the sore throat, the cough, the phlegm, the running nose, the disorienting feeling of various concoctions from the medicine cabinet, and the disorienting feeling of various concoctions from the booze cabinet.

I wanted to look at both sides of the wiretap concern as well as Intelligent Design... however, neither subject motivated me. Perhaps I should say both sides of the wiretapping issue motivate me equally (and I certainly can't provide any additional insight either way) and Intelligent Design theory never seemed to rule out Evolutionary theory. Why bother then? I might post a couple of links to folks who talk about it later this month... but then again I might lose what little interest I have.

I will post this weekend. A couple of subjects are safely stored away in the hopper.

Now, get out there and shovel... you don't want to give up space on your driveway to ice and snow. Before Monday I'll have the walkway and driveway completely clear. To me, that sight is beautiful... like a well mowed lawn. (Well mowed? Well mown?)

Christmas related viewing:
  • I've already watched the 1951 "Scrooge" with Alistair Simm... highly recommended to me by a dear friend, and now I see why.
  • The Dutiful and Beautiful Mrs. Badda-Blogger started the 1964 Rankin-Bass "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer" with Badda-Toddler.
  • She also watched "A Charlie Brown Christmas" from 1965.
  • We hope to get to Rowan Atkinson's Mr. Bean series and Blackadder series including "Merry Christmas, Mr. Bean" and "Blackadder's Christmas Carol"... both fond favorites (especially the scene with Mr. Bean playing with Nativity figures and Blackadder playing charades with the Prince and Baldrick).
  • D&B Mrs. B wants to get to "Scrooged" with Bill Murray... however I might not get the chance (although I would like to at least see a couple of great scenes).
  • Both of us would like to watch an episode of Bless Me, Father (with Arthur Lowe) called "The Season of Goodwill". I believe Mitchell from Our Word has seen this and will vouch for the series... it's about a priest and his currate in suburban Catholic parrish in 1950s London, which sounds a little light on great comedy, but it is (surprisingly) very funny and (as you can imagine) quite quaint, too.
  • I want to rewatch an episode of the new series of Doctor Who called "The Unquiet Dead"... it takes place in Victorian Wales during Christmas Eve or Christmas night and features Charles Dickens.
  • Speaking of Doctor Who, I'll catch the new Christmas episode ("The Christmas Invasion") on Christmas evening... and color me geek, but I'm excited.

Take care in traffic and in shopping lines.