BaddaBlog

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Simple Pleasures

Happiness is having a toilet… pretty much all to yourself. Oh, I already knew this… but just not the amount of joy that it actually brought me.

My toilet is back. It took a vacation for about a month and a half. I know what you’re thinking, “Toilets don’t go anywhere.” While that is true, this toilet left the bathroom. Sure, he only got five feet away… but that must be another country to a toilet.

In any case, the toilet-reinstall guy showed up this morning. The work originally started after the bathroom suffered a leak in the ceiling… some days were hard to schedule, some of the work took time, for a while neither the B&D nor I were available, and so on. Recently, there’s been a fairly consistent rate of work, but clearly the important part is in now.

The heavens open up, choirs of angels sing, trumpets ring out with fanfares, gleaming shafts of light fall down upon the earth, and from that plot of earth springs a beautiful, porcelain sculpture representing both form and function.

I might just hold a relaunching ceremony later tonight... I'll have the boy throw a Kleenex into the bowl for a new-maiden voyage.

Labels: