BaddaBlog

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Prevent Crime: Give to Beggars (Update)

What to do about beggars in Richfield who claim they would prefer to beg than steal? Tracy from Anti-Strib notes that those two options surely cannot be the only two (if, in fact, the guy is just making easy, tax-free money).

I posted several links in my previous post... two included a list of charities in the Richfield area. Of course, the alternative that Tracy suggested was a four letter word... and I don't mean off-color.

This morning, I received an e-mail message from the City of Richfield:
Your first e-mail was forwarded to the City Council, the City Manager and Public Safety Director on September 24. I will forward this one to those individuals today.

The City Council discussed this issue at last night's City Council Meeting. The meeting should be linked to our website (www.cityofrichfield.org) later this afternoon so you can watch it (Channel 16, click on view programming). Also, the council meeting will be rebroadcast on Richfield's Cable Channel 16 beginning Sat, at 3 p.m., Sunday at 5 p.m. and Wed. at 7 p.m.

If you have any additional questions, you may want to contact the Richfield Public Safety Director, Dan Scott at 612-861-9810 or dscott@cityofrichfield.org

As of yet, I don't see anything in the City Council Agendas and Minutes, however we all know the pace at which bureaucracy and government move. For better and for worse.

I'll check later today... maybe I'll update this post with a link to the video. Checking the agenda, nothing obvious shows up. I'll try to read it when I have a moment.

Labels: