BaddaBlog

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Anniversary... Already???

Oh, dear God... this quaint little idea is becoming more and more difficult. At least on my paycheck.

For almost every wedding anniversary, I take the traditional present idea and think of something silly. Ever since my first attempt she loved the concept.

On our first anniversary (traditionally a paper gift) I bought her a surplus of paper towels, toiled paper, paper tissues, paper napkins, and a couple of reams of printer paper.

Our fourth anniversary (traditionally a gift of fruit or flowers) yielded freshly squeezed orange juice and grapefruit juice, a can of pinnapple juice, a jar of Maraschino cherries, a variety of canned fruits, about four bouquets of flowers, and at least four potted plants. Fairly obnoxious... and it made her smile.

This year? Pottery and willow. Huh? We don't really need anything, so I can't get practical. Getting sarcastic with pottery is mostly a waste... get some goofy thing in pottery and you're simply asking to throw it out within the month. The modern gift is leather... and we took care of that back on our third anniversary. (A nice pair of comfy shoes.)

This gets even more tricky since the D&B reads my blog a little more regularly now... so if I start mentioning [whatever it is I'm thinking of], then the game's up. Hmmm, maybe this year I'll post a picture.