BaddaBlog

Monday, January 15, 2007

Anniversary Gifts: 2007

Once again I try to sharpen my sarcasm and press the limits of my wife's sense of humor.

Looking at various sources, I see this year's anniversary gift should be Bronze... or Pottery... possibly even Rubber, or (if you select from the modern gifts, which I don't) can be Linen or Lace.

Now, I'm getting tested. How silly can one get buying Pottery or Bronze? Sure, some smartass might suggest that I "make with the funny" by picking up a pack of condoms for Rubber, or maybe getting her lingerie for Lace..

Sorry. That's not really original... nor is it clever.

Maybe this little goof of mine has played out. If I thought I could get enough pennies (they were partly bronze from 1944 to 1961), I'd put together a coin roll. I'll have to take a look through my bank (and of course, the boy's bank). Again, where do I go from there?

Not only that, but Pottery on another list is the gift for the Ninth Anniversary.

Hmmm... maybe I should just start moving into contemporary gifts. We could use another set of nice linens. Perhaps with a nice new bra... something dressy.

Labels: ,