BaddaBlog

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Roll On the New Year

Here's to a wonderful new year... and may you not be surrounded by folks acting like they're experiencing their first drunk. (Ah, I remember my first beer.)

I'm set to enjoy a nice black tie party... I had a manicure and pedicure, a massage, a haircut, I have a new tuxedo and vest, I have my old standby tuxedo shirt, my bow tie is ready to be knotted, we have reservations at a hotel in Saint Paul, Badda-Toddler is spending the night with my mother-in-law, and breakfast reservations for the following morning.

All I need is a good lunch, my bag packed, a stiff drink, and to prepare a toast.

Thursday some friends of mine played poker until about 2:00 am... I should have used the following toast:

A little whiskey now and then
Is relished by the best of men;
It surely drives away dull care,
And makes ace high look like two pair.



Happy New Year